Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY pallet coat rack. Part 1 : Planning

My house is pretty small, and currently has no coat rack or mudroom which is an issue because I have a husband who is messy and dirty 90 % of the time. Plus now the weather is getting colder and wetter and I'm really tired of friends having to leave their coats draped over the couch or the chairs in the kitchen. I wanted something that was cheap, relatively easy to make and totally chic...who doesn't right? So I did what every thrifty DIY gal does and browsed Pinterest.

 It didn't take me long to find a pallet coat rack and pallet bench that both look awesome. Although the style is a little more rustic than our current home decor I think with a different coat of paint and a few modified details I can pull it all together. I'm not all that woodworking-inclined but my husband is so I've been trying to sweet talk him into starting this as soon as we get back from our Christmas trip this weekend. Here's to hoping! If you're curious about the plans and details you can find them both on my House & Home  Pinterest board.

(which by the way..since I originally mentioned my Pinterest page and Food (Can you say YUM!? Food board) board my followers have went up by TONS:
Main: from 55 to 97
Food: from 61 to 89
YAY...whoever read this and decided I was cool enough to follow I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are awesome-possum.)

I plan to blog out this entire endeavor but it really depends on the hubby AND our Christmas schedule as to when the project can begin....here's to hoping I get it before 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment