Sunday, January 12, 2014

5 Easy And Fun Ways To Mentally Unwind


I don't know about you guys but it seems like I'm still running around like crazy even though the "hustle and bustle" season is supposed to be over. We have weddings, baby showers, doctor appointments, job responsibilities, munchkin duties, and a million other things that have me running around and exhausted all.day.long.

 I have so much going on in my crazy brain that even when I do get a few minutes to myself it's hard to relax and "power down". Instead of recharging, I'm mentally going through my calendar, to-do list and hopping from one thing to another. That got me thinking and I began digging around the internet in a search to find some ways to really relax. Some ways to mentally unwind. Without further ado, here is my top five favorites:





1. Visit Pinterest and go to the art category. Snuggle up on the couch and take time to scroll through the various works. Don't try mentally placing them in your home or picking which ones you'd buy...this is a mental escape remember. Just simply look and enjoy them. Let yourself wind down looking at the pieces from paintings to photographs and everything in between. Artist: Scott Naismith






2. Plan a pretend vacation. Visit Carnival and chose which restaurants you'd visit and which spa packages you'd want. Cruise not your thing? Plan a Gatlinburg mountain getaway or a Yellowstone vacation. Have fun with it....pretend you can only pick one restaurant to eat at or one show to see, which one would you chose? Which geyser would you be MOST excited to see and which trails would be on your "never ever attempt" list? Which vacation spot would Aunt Shirley be most excited about? Which one would the Hubs be most excited about? The point is to take your mind off real life and have a little fun pretending.


Comes and Goes3. Do you consider yourself a fashionista? No?Well...me neither, but I do like visiting Polyvore. It's a neat little site that lets you design outfit sets and create fashion looks with almost any article of clothing out there. It's a fun way to spend some time and come up with an outfit look for that office party or playdate. If you're not feeling particularly creative you can always browse the creations of others and find some chic new looks. It's sort of like the Pinterest of fashion. Made by vintagenerd8 




4. If you like reading half as much as I do try out Goodreads. You can rate your recent ( and older) reads in as little ( star ratings) or as much detail as you like. You can also take quizzes, chat with other book lovers, ask authors questions, and the best....find your next favorite book with their in-depth recommendations list. I LOVE to visit this site and just add books to my virtual "to read" bookshelf. It's nice to have the list handy whenever I do have the time to visit a bookstore or buy one online.




5. Print out some Adult Coloring Pages ( NO...not THAT kind of adult, get your minds out of the gutter!) sharpen some colored pencils and go make something pretty. These pages are easy to print out and within minutes you can be relaxing and letting your inner child be free.






So there you go, those are my favorites. What are some things that help you mentally unwind? What are your favorites? 





No comments:

Post a Comment