Friday, March 22, 2013

Happiness and a Secret

First of all, we are over 10,000 page views people!!! WOOHOO!! 

Second of all, I have a pretty big secret folks....my Aunt has offered to fly Hubby, Munchkin and I to visit my Grandma in Louisiana. I cannot flippin' wait!! My Grandma has no idea, and we rarely get to see each other for the holidays so surprising her like this is pure amazingness!!! My Aunt is beyond loving and generous by the way, and when she called I almost started crying myself. I was born in Louisiana and we moved to South Carolina when I was little. I love going back, I miss my family, I miss the swamps, I miss the landmarks, and I miss the food.

Hubby and I have been wanting to take Munchkin down to visit everyone, but we just haven't had the time and monetary resources. When my Aunt presented this offer we made time and started making plans. I am so exited, but I also have no idea if there will be any WiFi so I might be MIA for a week.  I know...I'm sorry.

This will also be the first time riding on a plane for me, and I am deathly afraid of heights. It's going to be bad people. I literally lock up if I get on a step ladder that is too high. I have these horrible day dreams where I'm crying and Munchkin is crying and Hubby is like dear God please let this end.

I saw the article about the new parents who brought treats and ear plugs for everyone on the plane...ha! That is so not going to happen, I'm going to be too involved in trying not to have a heart attack and die than worrying over other passengers. So....If I do make it there....it will be awesome. If not then I bequeath my website to Hubby, who will probably turn it into a hunting and/or woodworking forum. You have been warned. We fly out this Wednesday!! Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. In all seriousness, talk to your doctor! If you're not breastfeeding, they can prescribe a lil something to get you through your first flight there and back, and next thing you know it'll all be over except the squishy hugs. There's some short-acting anti-anxiety meds on the market that a super cheap and easy on your system without knocking you on your butt for 12 hours. :) In other news, have a great trip and tell your hubby that I'll stop following him if he turns it into anything but some extreme survivalist daddy-blog or something supremely cool like that, like it has to include recipes for making organic playdough for the munchkin with only post-apocalyptic supplies and random plant dyes. Or something totally random and awesome like that, I'm just sayin. :D

    ReplyDelete