Wednesday, April 17, 2013

If you were wondering


 What's been on my bookshelf recently.....




 1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

This one had a high recommendation from Cassandra Clare ( one of my fav. writers) so I figured I would give it a try. It's about a guy who hunts killer ghosts. It's alright...wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but wasn't horrible either. I wasn't a fan of the language...if Katniss didn't cuss while being hunted by kids then you shouldn't have to either. It would be a really great book to read when cuddled up at night and looking for a good ghost story though. The love story is ok, but there is a second book in the Anna series that sounds like it might be more interesting and a little more of what I like so I'm really excited to get to reading it. Overall though, pretty good book.



2. Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

I grabbed this one while browsing the young adult books and sadly it was pretty disappointing. It's based on the movie that came out with the same name ( which I did not see ) and while I did not guess right away who the wolf was, it wasn't that much of a surprise either. I felt the book to be very rushed in the fact that nothing was really suspenseful and built up and it was also very boring. PLUS you have to go online to read the end. I am not even kidding. You will never know the end if you don't, it's not included in the book at all. I do not recommend this one folks.




3. You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark

I love my girl Celia. If I could have a pocket large enough to put her, Nate Burkas, and Jenny Lawson into it and carry them around all day I would. Her other books like stop dressing your six-year-old like a skank is pure amazingness. She is a great, funny southern writer, but I did not like this book. There were only about two chapters that made me laugh and in a whole book...that's really not good. Overall it sort of came off as just angry, I wasn't a fan. I do still love her though so go out and read her other books.






4. Girl of Nightmares ( Anna book 2 ) by Kendare Blake

Alright so I did end up having enough time to read this one, the second in the "Anna" series and it was alright. I didn't like how it ended, but what can ya do. I finished it really quick and she did a good job of keeping you interested, but I just really felt there were a lot of unanswered questions at the end. Like I said though, decent ghost story to curl up with and read at night.







5. Gone by Michael Grant

I grabbed this one on a whim, and was pretty excited to read it because it's a series and it seemed like a pretty original idea. In this California town everyone 15 years or older just vanishes, poof, gone. While this seemed intriguing, the first few chapters continually brought up abandoned babies, and little ones starving and dying. To be honest with you....I couldn't keep reading. I just couldn't. Sorry. It might be a decent series if you get past that, and yea...I know it's all pretend, but I just couldn't keep reading. Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment