Monday, April 29, 2013

Can we talk about faith for a minute?

This isn't a "funny" post. Sorry. I just wanted to take a minute to talk about faith because lately it's been on my mind. I wrote about being in a funk the other day and I still think that's hanging around. Lately I've gotten to where I can't watch the news because it's one horrible thing after another. One mother abandoning her infants in a house fire, a man raping a young girl, a kidnapping. Things just make me sick and after hearing about one atrocity after another it's all I can do to not pack my family's things and move out to the middle of nowhere. It's scary and it's sad.

What happened to the time when you could let your kids play together at the park or in the woods without worrying over a kidnapping or murder? What happened to people helping one another out and a whole country with a sense of community? It makes me sad, but then again....there are soldiers dying for me right now, literally as we speak so who am I to complain?

I got on Facebook and saw that a hometown soldier was killed overseas and his family was burying him. He leaves behind a young wife and his whole entire life just so you and I can enjoy our freedom. Just so you and I can complain about the milk running out or the high price of gas. I feel burdened down by a lot of it, like this country is going down in flames, it breaks my heart and hearing something like a person who was obviously so good cut down so short in life kills me.

I know there is good in the world, and I try to keep that front and center, but sometimes it's tough. I wonder how much worse this world will be when my daughter is raising her daughter in it. I'm trying to keep up my faith, but here lately it just seems hard.

It's sort of crazy because while writing this I decided to get on Pinterest to clear my mind and the very first thing I see...I am totally not kidding you guys, I promise....was this:

 I immediately began crying, God is always with you, and if this isn't a sign to pray for our nation and our people I don't know what is. I love you guys, thanks for sticking with me through this rough patch.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Nickie! I have been dealing with the same emotions lately. It's so frightening to think of the world our grandchildren will inhabit. You are right. The only answer is for each of us to embrace what God intended for us. To live through Him and trust in Him. Unfortunately, that is being taken from our schools, our homes, our public gathering places. It's a very sad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angie, it's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.

    ReplyDelete