Alright, here it is. This is my go-to recipe for the best, most amazing chicken strips ever. I don't mean to toot my own horn but....I get requests from family members all the time to make this chicken strip recipe because seriously they are that awesome. We like eating ours with cheesy mashed potatoes, dipping in honey mustard or in salads. We call it barnacle chicken because it's made with crackers and they sort of stick out after they've been fried and it looks like barnacles. The crackers give it a really flavorful taste and texture, but when you combine it with Tony's and garlic it is pure heaven. Here is the recipe:
* 4 Chicken Breasts (cut into strips) * 1/4 Cup of All Purpose Flour
* 4 eggs * 2 Tbs. of Tony's Chachere's Creole Sesoning
* 2 Sleeves of Saltine Crackers * 1 tsp. of Garlic Powder
2. Put the two sleeves of crackers into a large ziplock bag and crunch them together until most of the crackers are a fine powder then add the flour, Tony's, and Garlic Powder.
3. Take the pieces of chicken one or two at a time, and put them into the bag. Shake until all sides are covered and coated in the cracker mixture then set them all aside.
4. Get your oil heated to 350 degrees ( I use a medium sized pot filled 1/3 of the way with veggie or canola oil) and then add your coated chicken strips one or two at a time. ( I use a handy dandy candy thermometer to keep my grease the right temp)
5. Flip the chicken occasionally while it fries. You'll know when it's done because it starts to turn golden brown and starts to float but be sure to double check it with a meat thermometer when it gets out.
6. Lay the strips when they come out of the oil on a plate with a paper towel to soak up any leftover oil.
My family LOVES this recipe and I really hope yours will to. It can take a bit more time than your average weekday meal to make with all the breading and frying, but trust me it is WORTH IT!