Monday, January 14, 2013

Drum Roll Please.....


There it is ladies and gents...my new pallet coat rack. Hubby came through on this one and I have to say that I am happily impressed. He made it, and I painted it then we scuffed the crap out of it together (romantic, I know). I heard a tip that said sanding was the best way to go when it came to distressing furniture but it didn't work for me. I was hunched over scrubbing this thing with the sandpaper back and forth like some sort of deranged person and it never made a hint of change.What I did find that worked was his metal brush that he uses to clean the grill...well....did use to clean the grill. Hubby also found a stick and started scuffing a few places on it. 

So there we were, on our porch...hubby with a stick in his hands hitting the coat rack and me right behind him with the metal brush just scrubbing away. I'm sure this creeped out the neighbors a bit, but then I remembered the Death Wreath and I figured who am I kidding these people think we're deranged already. We have dead things displayed on our door, we beat furniture with sticks like cavemen, and our dogs randomly bring shoes and toys into our yard that we didn't buy so I'm fairly certain they take them from people like a furry little gang...our reputation is beyond repair.

Anyways, back to the coat rack. We got it up and I love it. The pictures don't show how well it pulls the room together. It has a good distressed look going and I added a few things to fit into our beach theme. I'm happy it's up and that it fits in with everything really well. My living room is red and I adore it by the way. I have a red/brown/dark tan/white/black theme going on and I think it makes the whole room warm and cozy. Well, one project done about ninety zillion more to go. Hope your 2013 projects are coming along! 

4 comments:

  1. I really love this....I was thinking you could put hooks on the side for key's ....I was also thinking that this would be an awesome Mother's Day Gift...lol..jkng...You too are very talented and I love how you both can work together on a project....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!!!! I never thought about the keys that would be a good idea....

      Delete