Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Current Reading List

I decided now would be a pretty good time to share some of the books on my reading radar. If you are familiar with my past posts you know I have a unhealthy awesome love of Young Adult Fiction books which is what most of these are, but there are some other "adult" books that you might find interesting. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare were flippin awesome by the way!


The first book is the one I am currently reading : Matched by Ally Condie. I'm not very far in it so I'm not quite sure if I like it or not. It sort of  reminds me of a cross between The Giver by Louis Lowry ( flashback to fifth grade lol) and Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Pretty interesting sounding book with a nice little love triangle.






The second one is another dystopian book but this time society is separated and based on a set of virtues such as the brave, the peaceful, the honest etc. It seemed like an interesting read. It is called Divergent by Veronica Roth





The third is Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff. This lady led an extraordinary life filled with things that are sure to keep you on the edge of your seat reading.



The Fourth is The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. This sounds like something along the lines of Rick Riordan and came recommended by a family member so I figured I would give it a shot.








The fifth and final book is simply a must read if you like the show Parks & Rec. The amazon sample alone made tears come to my eyes laughing. So without further ado: Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America by Leslie Knope. 









There it is folks, five books that sound pretty awesome and are definitely on my reading list. Hope you can find one or two that strike your fancy so tell your chores and dishes I apologize and your library I said your welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if this is coming too late to save you or not, but while the MUSICAL "Wicked" was apparently awesome, the BOOK is pretty seriously NOT... like it's vulgar and rude and kinda full of filthy sex, like with um, ANIMALS. EW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS! Now I'm convinced we are somehow non-twin twins because I agree 100% and everyone I've talked to loves the book and I'm like...gross...so I'm pretty glad that someone else out there thinks it's as bad as I do.

      Delete
    2. WOW... SEE!? I've got to get into my Google plus account so I can change my name to the way that I prefer it.... I think I changed it awhile ago when I was looking for work. Apparently I need to update my profile pic too!

      Delete