Thursday, January 31, 2013

Words of Wisdom and Musings

So we made it through the storm, our little part of the south faced some tornado producing winds and thankfully we came out at the other end unharmed. We live around a lot of trees so I felt sort of like Indiana Jones hopping over all of the downed limbs and random yard debris. I don't know about you but I would take debris over a downed home any day of the week.Here are a few things on my mind.

1.If you have a new baby and the only thing you talk about are the amazing accomplishments and milestones that he or she is hitting then I will be mentally hitting you. Seriously...you're gonna be that mom? I get being proud, I posted the first laugh that came from my little angel's lips faster than you can say get the camera, but come on man every breath shouldn't be about your junior Einstein child who will solve world hunger by the time they are a year old.

2. Why would someone ever feel it was acceptable or appropriate to empty their pockets on my counter and leave it there for me to clean up? Thanks for the gum wrappers, tissue, and wadded up receipt I really appreciate it.

3. NEVER say never when you are pregnant, as in " I will never....". I said that I would never feed my infant formula, never let her sleep in our bed, and never even think of homeschooling. Guess which one of those I broke. Here's a hint: it's all of them.

4.Beige paint on top of green paint will give you a yellow bedroom. yellow. Yellow/beige is the hardest paint color in the world to decorate around.White is basically the only color that looks remotely decent with it. The problem is my kid isn't even walking yet and already really messy, but nowhere near as messy as my husband so...white may be an issue here.

5. When returning a USED nose hair trimmer please for the love of God have the decency to put it into a zip-lock or sealed container. Thank you.

6.  Thank you guy checking out at my register who felt the need to not only tell me all about your wife traveling to New York, but also felt compelled to pull out your phone showing me the current weather for New York I really don't know what I would have done without that valuable piece of information. Seriously I do not care about why she is traveling, where she is traveling or when she will be back. I don't know you. Just pay for your tools and leave. Thank You, sincerely me the cashier and everyone else in line waiting on you. 

7. Everyone who has joined my blog, who reads these posts, follows me on Twitter, and has voted for me on Circle Of Moms I love you. Seriously from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head I love ya! You have made my whole year by supporting me and I could never thank you enough. Seriously. You make this worth doing.


2 comments:

  1. SO excited for you! I voted! WHEE! I hope you get up there, what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete