Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Update!

Hello all, I haven't had a chance to write anything these past few days. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, my family was beyond blessed this year in gifts that you can't buy at a store. We had quite a bit of family visiting this season, both from hubby's family and mine which was nice. Then of course we did the Christmas swap with my brother and sister and their significant others on Christmas Eve. Hubby's family stayed through Christmas until about a day ago so now the house is back to being its normal quiet self. I have a lot to post about, but nothing that I can quite do now. I have a recipe for Caramel Popcorn that will knock your socks off from my mother-in-law and Hubby actually made my coat rack!!!! I just need to slap on some paint, distress it and then post it all. I'm very happy with the way it's turning out and I can't wait to show it off!

On another note I finished reading Clockwork Angel, and now I'm reading Clockwork Prince the second book in the Infernal Devices series. Clockwork Angel was AMAZING so I definitely recommend giving it a read. I'm also a little sad to report that I have gained some weight this holiday season. I do see the irony in making a post about Caramel corn and then complaining about weight, but I have determination to lose the weight before bathing suit season so it's ok. Summer creeps up on you almost as bad as Christmas. It's like the cold weather arrives and you put on some pounds thinking "oh I've got PLENTY of time until summer" then before you know it you'll be celebrating St.Paddy's day and then BOOM summer is here. There are girls in bikinis, it's too hot to wear shorts and NO time to lose the weight. Well I'm going to give it my best, the first step is cutting down soda. I usually have somewhere close to 3 sodas a day plus maybe a glass of sweet tea so today begins my one soda or glass of tea a day rule. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment